În căutarea unui expert internațional
CCF Moldova and HHC UK are looking for an International Expert
To carry out
The assessment of Policy/Implementation Gap aims to identify the challenges of Child Protection system in Moldova in 13 counties and 2 main cities, from the view of different stakeholders on regional level
In recent years Moldova has made efforts to reform its child protection system, supporting vulnerable and marginalised families to stay together and offering family-based care in place of institutional care where children are not able to stay with their parents. However, there is a significant gap between policy and practice as discriminatory attitudes lead to children from vulnerable groups continuing to be placed in institutional care. Children from the most vulnerable families in society are consistently over represented in institutional care in Moldova, including children with disabilities, children of Roma origin, children with HIV/AIDS and tuberculosis, children from single parent families, children of teenage mothers and children of parents who themselves grew up in institutional care.
This action will enable the participant CSOs (target group) to enhance inter-agency communication and collaboration, as well as the dialogue with the other relevant stakeholders: parents, children, media, local authorities and government representatives. The structured dialogue between the actors will provide for the opportunity to meaningfully contribute to policy development. Policy change through an enhanced dialogue among stakeholders supported through the policy-implementation gap analysis and development of advocacy documents addressing national policy makers based on research and evidence.
November 2015 – February 2017
- Identify Child Protection Legislation for analysis – documentation process
- Elaboration of the Request information for the Central and Local Public Authorities
- Support the applicant and CSOs to request information in writing from the Central and Local Public Authorities, in order to collect most updated information available.
- Process and Assess at least 15 official letters and replies.
- Submitting an intermediate report based on the 1st Data Collection cycle (baseline) from the Central and Local Public Authorities with incorporated recommendations;
- Support the 2nd Data Collection cycle; assess the end-line data;
- Identify policies with least efficient implementation and will assess the causes of inefficiency in implementation process.
- Elaborate the final report with comparative data;
- Elaboration of the final Policy Recommendations
- Preparing and facilitating the Round Table for NGOs to discuss the policy recommendations
|Identify Child Protection Legislation for analysis
(at least 4 policy documents)
|2 days||By 30th of November|
|Elaboration of the Request information for the Central and Local Public Authorities||1 day||By 4th of December|
|Support the applicant and CSOs to request information in writing from the Central and Local Public Authorities, in order to collect most updated information available.
Process and Assess at least 15 official letters and replies.
|2 days (1stphase)
2 days (2ndphase)
|1st phase by end December 2015
2nd phase by October 2016
|Submitting an intermediate report based on the 1stData Collection Cycle from the Central and Local Public Authorities||3 days||By 12th January 2016|
|Elaboration of the Final Report and Policy Recommendations||3 days||By 20th December 2016|
|Preparing and facilitating the Round Table for NGOs to discuss the policy recommendations||2 days||By 15th February 2017|
Qualifications/specialized knowledge/experience required
- At least 10 years of experience in Child Protection System and Legislation analysis
- Technical expertise in Child Protection System;
- Good communication and presentation skills/ ability to express concisely and clearly ideas and concepts in written and oral form;
- Knowledge of Romanian and English languages is required;
- Ability to keep with strict deadlines.
Description of travel involved
Travel costs (up to 3 trips) and accommodation (up 9 nights) will be covered by CCF Moldova.
The expert is responsible for other personal in-country expenses
Modality of payment:
2 transfers according to the contract: First tranche – by 10th of January 2016
Final tranche – by 25th of February 2017.